Welcome to the weekly post of the RackN blog recap of all things Digital Rebar, RackN, Edge Computing, and DevOps. If you have any ideas for this recap or would like to include content please contact us at email@example.com or tweet RackN (@rackngo)
Items of the Week
- What IT operations wants developers to know – SD Times
Operations engineers have a few complaints about working with developers that shouldn’t be dismissed as merely rants because they are very real issues that Ops faces. Granted, developers have their own gripes, although this article is meant to provide some insight about what developers should know about operations, not the reverse.
The ubiquity of the Kubernetes container deployment platform in virtualization computing environments is due in large part to its functionality, but the open source system is also serving enterprises transforming their businesses through its educational community.
MSPs want to deliver a range of cloud services to their customers, from public cloud to managed private clouds. Typically, they think of a private cloud as a customised, one-off solution for a specific customer that comes with dedicated hardware and a custom service configuration. However, provisioning a private cloud doesn’t have to be a painful, customised activity that limits time to revenue.
- Digital Rebar Community Meetup – Jan 2, 2018
- Upcoming Meetups with Digital Rebar Presentations
Working with physical hardware is viewed as messy and is not going to be a trending hashtag anytime soon. We are ok with that. In fact, we view ourselves as Internet Plumbers keeping the “pipes” open without any hesitancy of getting dirty.
Watch the recording of this webinar to learn more about the RackN Kubernetes installation integration using community tools like Kubeadm demonstrated at the recent KubeCon event in Austin, TX. Co-Founders Rob Hirschfeld and Greg Althaus of RackN will discuss this fast and simple approach to operating Kubernetes. Of course, we’ll also demonstrate the technology installing Kubernetes following the immutable infrastructure model highlighting the automated provisioning technology built on the open source Digital Rebar project.
L8ist Sh9y Podcast
In this week’s podcast, we speak with Dr. Will Venters an Assistant Professor at London School of Economics and co-author of Moving to the Cloud Corporation. This podcast focuses on the changes in innovation in the era of cloud computing, impact of data for edge computing and design, and cargo cult.
- Container World – Feb 26-28 in Santa Clara, CA
- DataCenter World – March 12-15 in San Antonio, TX
- Operate your Data Center like a Public Cloud with Immutable Infrastructure (Monday, March 12 at 2:10 pm – 3:10 pm)
- SRECon’18 – March 27-29 in Santa Clara, CA
- Bronze Sponsor
- ITX InterOps – April 30 – May 4 in Las Vegas, NV
- Immutable Deployments: Taking Physical Infrastructure from Automation to Autonomy (Wednesday, May 2 at 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
- DevOps vs SRE vs Cloud Native (Wednesday May 2 at 9:00 am – 9:45 am)
- Austin DevOpsDays – May 3-4 in Austin, TX
- GlueCon – May 16-17 in Denver, Colorado