Internal business units continue to bypass traditional IT in many organizations creating shadow IT leaving corporate data unsecured, networks exposed through unknown entry points, and the possibility of wasting IT resources by paying for services already provided by the company. CIOs must regain control of their IT sprawl to ensure security, resource allocation, and operational control of the business.
RackN offers IT leaders a new way forward to take back control of their services by establishing a solid foundation capable of managing internal data centers, external hosting services, public clouds, and even the upcoming edge infrastructure opportunity.
Issue : IT & Business Conflict on IT Service Delivery and Ownership
- Shadow IT – corporate services (internal and external) are delivered without the knowledge or control of the IT department
- Public Clouds – services are delivered via 3rd party hardware that may have noisy neighbors, unknown geographic location, and other issues requiring IT management
Impact : Loss of Operational Control of IT
- IT Business Alignment – IT must engage with the overall business as more than just a delivery mechanism. IT is now a strategic MUST at the executive table
- Operational Failure – Without operational control and management companies are highly vulnerable to attacks and an inability to deliver on customer needs
RackN Solution : Operational Flexibility & Excellence for Service Delivery
- Operations Excellence – RackN’s foundational management ensures IT can operate services regardless of platform (e.g. data center, public cloud, etc)
- Revitalize the Data Center – RackN delivers cloud-like operational capabilities for existing data centers offering internal business units less reason to create shadow IT
The RackN team is ready to start you on the path to operations excellence: