Is legacy infrastructure putting your team in operational paralysis? Many IT departments struggle with keeping “the lights on” as legacy hardware and software consume significant resources. This prevents the team from taking advantage of new technologies that will modernize their infrastructure. Additionally, finding qualified experts to keep these legacy solutions operational can be a challenge. Also, new employees typically are not interested in working on old technology.
Freezing older technology in place without capable support or at least an understanding of how the product works is certainly not an industry best practice. However, it is commonly an accepted practice in many large IT organizations. This is one reason RackN built a single platform to manage new technologies as well as legacy services. This allows IT teams to actively engage the older technology without fear.
Issue: Expertise & the Unknown
- Existing Infrastructure: Legacy technology abounds in modern enterprise infrastructure. Sometimes only a few employees have the skills to maintain older platforms.
- State of the Art vs the Past: New employees are experienced in the latest technology and may not be interested in working on legacy solutions.
Impact: Left Behind
- Stuck in the Past: IT teams are unwilling to touch old technology that just works.
- Employee Exodus: limited future for employees maintaining the past.
RackN Solution: Combat Operational Paralysis with Action
- Operations Excellence: RackN’s foundational management ensures IT can operate services regardless of platform (e.g. data center, public cloud).
- Operational Paralysis: RackN delivers a single platform for IT to single platform capable of supporting existing solutions as well as new technologies. We help you prepare for future innovation down the road.
The RackN team is ready to unlock your IT team’s potential by preventing operational paralysis! Join the 30-day RackN Trial!