These release notes span the v4.1 and v4.2 releases. The focus is on features, not the numerous fixes for bugs and minor issues.
4.1 Release Items
- Contexts – this is a major feature that allows workflows to transition between instances of runners on the machines and other locations (such as Docker containers)
- Run without root permissions – enables operation in highly secure environments.
- Tasks can have expanded Role and Claim rights – allows tasks to have special scope of operations inside of DRP
- Transactions Improvements to WAL
- DRPY runner – python version of the runner for ESXi environments
- Ansible Inventory uses Profiles – 100% mapping between DRP and Ansible groups.
- Redfish Support – IPMI integration for later hardware models
- ESXi Installation – VMware Integration
UX Custom Columns – Allows user to define columns in machine view
- UX Expand View Filters – Expand filters to leverage all API supported filtering
4.2 Release Items
- JQ integrated into DRP CLI – eliminates the need for installing JQ as a stand alone requirement.
- BSDTAR integrated into DRP Server – eliminates the need for installing bsdtar on the server
- Human/table formats for DRPCLI – makes it easier to read DRP output
- DRP CLI can install itself as a persistent agent – from script contexts makes it easier to run DRP runner as a service
- Plugins use Websocket events – migrate for legacy event model to improve stability.
- UX Save in Header – makes it easier to have multiple edits on the same item
UX diff view – allow operator to compare new vs installed content (fixes regression)
- Updated license retrieval and install process – streamline process so that multiple users do not need RackN logins if a license is installed
- UX bulk actions for Endpoints – useful for multi-site management
- Bootstrap Agent Integrated into DRP Server – allows for on DRP server operations without use of Dangerzone context (v4.2)