A Weekly Lunch at Learn and Discussion
Each week we’ll have a guest speaker cover a DevOps/SRE related topic for 15 minutes. The goal is to provide some short informational content or field stories and a chance to connect and discuss how we’re building better at-a-distance operational practices.
LINK TO LIVE EVENT (of course, this only works Tuesday 2 ET/11 PT)
Or, Preregister Here for calendar invites!
ZERO MARKETING PLEDGE – This is a community event. RackN does not use or share the registration emails.
Upcoming Speakers (thinking of speaking, see prep notes below):
- 7/14: Skaffold and customized CI pipelines w @john_scharber
- 7/21: Operating at the Edge Discussion based on Twitter Discussion
- 7/28: Migrating Firewalls from IPTable to something that works w Carl Perry [@edolnx]
- Contact Rob on twitter or LinkedIn to if you want to speak or suggest a speaker
Past Speakers [Our Youtube Playlist]:
- 4/21: “JQ in depth” w @rackngo team @zehicle [Rob Hirschfeld, material, recording]
- 4/28: “Not to late to Automate” w @mrlesmithjr [Larry Smith Jr, recording]
- 5/5: “Executive Toolkit for Outages in the Age of DevOps” w @josh_atwell [Josh Atwell, recording]
- 5/12 “IaC w Terraform” w @discoposse [Eric Wright, recording]
- 5/19 “Data Gravity” w @mccrory [Dave McCrory, recording]
- 5/26: IaC w Paul Stack (@stack72) from Pulumi [recording]
- 6/2: “Building Raspberry PI supercomputers” w @0xF2 [Federico Lucifredi, RPi recording, HPC recording]
- This was a double session – recording has been split to reflect both parts
- 6/9: Tips & Tricks for Attending Online Conferences w @CTOAdvisor [Keith Townsend, Video]
- 6/16: Can you be Agile and DevOps? w @trafalgargirl [Sherri McGurnaghan, Video]
- 6/23: Tracking cloud performance differences w @paulrteich [Paul Teich, recording]
- 6/30: Vets Who Code w Jerome Hardaway [@JeromeHardaway, recording]
- 7/7: Failures of Min Viable Product (MVP) approach w/ Rob Hirschfeld [@zehicle, recording]
0-15 minutes: welcome, hello, catch-up
15-30 minutes: speaker topic of the week
30-45 minutes: Q&A / discussion
- NO COVID rehash or “latest COVID news discussions”
- Video Optional – we’re eating lunch, don’t need to watch you eat or expect grooming
- This is NOT a sponsored event, but vendor topics or discussions are welcome.
- Sessions are recorded, so don’t assume “Friend NDA”
Speaker Prep / Notes
- Sessions are casual and interaction/discussion is encouraged.
- There are no specific rules on topics: deep dive technical, rant, tell stories or general observations are fine.
- Plan to talk/present for 10 to 15 minutes to frame the discussion – longer is OK.
- If you have 15 minutes of content, please think about points to help drive the discussion.
- Slides / Demos / Outline are optional. If they help you, please use them!
- We socialize for the first 15 minutes of the session then do the presentation
- We stop at the top of the hour, please plan to wind up at :55
- Strongly recommend checking out recordings of previous sessions