Joining us this week is Val Bercovici, Founder & CEO of PencilDATA at KeyBanc Emerging Tech Summit.
PencilDATA is a software-as-a-service startup embracing data governance allowing users to see and manipulate data easily. It achieves this with a blockchain ledger that accounts for all data activity.
- 0 min 48 sec: Introduction from Val Bercovici
- Post – Blockchain in the Cloud by Rob Hirschfeld
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- 4 min 47 sec: What do you use Blockchain for?
- Core to the value but is just an enabler
- 5 min 52 sec: Don’t confused Blockchain with ICO/Crypto-currency
- Blockchain rollouts in 2018 have paused ~ Gartner quote
- HOMEWORK – Podcast with BlockChain Technology Partners
- PencilDATA has built the S3 of Blockchains
- 10 min 08 sec: Blockchain Service or Acting on BC with distributed service?
- Useful Zero Trust Solution
- Autonomous Vehicle Taxi Service Use Case
- Same workflow and processes needed for medical equipment
- 15 min 59 sec: Why Distributed Ledgers for these Use Cases?
- Centralized authorities can be a single point of failure
- 19 min 51 sec: Data security issues around Veracity & Authentication
- Data poison can train AI poorly
- Explainable AI ~ Data Reproduce-ability; prove data is valid
- 25 min 54 sec: Salesforce Use Cases
- Live on the Salesforce App Exchange
- Launching at Dreamforce 2018 with Customer References
- 27 min 18 sec: How PencilDATA provide value to Salesforce Customers?
- SaaS Turnkey Solution that hides the behind the scenes work
- Costs for Ethereum usage
- 37 min 14 sec: Industrial IoT Use Case
- 37 min 31 sec: Wrap-Up
Podcast Guest: Val Bercovici, Founder & CEO of PencilDATA
Valentin (Val) Bercovici, a longtime NetApp executive and former SolidFire CTO / co-founder at Peritus.ai. Val is now Founder & CEO of PencilDATA – an early leader in Tamper-Proofing Digital Transformation.
Previously, Bercovici led teams driving change across his 19 years with NetApp/SolidFire. Val’s teams have played an integral role in successfully growing the company beyond a pure storage play into the Cloud, Analytics & DevOps eras. Bercovici, a pioneer in the Cloud industry, introduced the first International Cloud Standard to the marketplace as CDMI (ISO INCITS 17826) in 2012 and has several patents granted & pending around data center applications of augmented reality.